- Pork chops from Ox Hollow Farm
- Cortland apple and apple cider from Silverman’s Farm
- acorn squash from Waldingfield Farm
- shallots and red pepper from Cherry Grove in Newtown
- garlic and maple syrup from Bluestone Farm
- rosemary from the window sill
- dried sage from our garden last summer
- olive oil from Italy
- dark rum from Jamaica
The hot pepper from Cherry Grove was this cayenne pepper I dried:
I crushed it with my own fingers.
If you do that too, do not rub your eyes, even if you rinsed your hands. I speak from experience.
Another dish I made this week was tandoori chicken with chickpea curry and basmati rice. Most of the ingredients were from away out there (almost sounded like a kiddie pool with all the shouts of Marco Polo) but I really wanted something different. Nonetheless, the chicken did come from Ox Hollow Farm, the yogurt from Trinity in Enfield, the garlic from Bluestone Farm, and the onion from Cherry Grove. Additionally, the paprika came from Amy LeBlanc’s Whitehill Farm in East Wilton, Maine. (I came upon Amy and her paprika by attending a workshop of hers at the NOFA conference over the summer.)
I’m about out of usable onions. I will soon need more garlic. Anyone know anyone local who’s still selling these?