Broccoli lettuce soup!
The pie crust had a great flavor—my new flour mix is a winning combo. The soup was interesting and tasted mostly like coconut.
- Red Fife flour from Curtis Eck (HT Lisa) and Soft White Winter Wheat flour from Wild Hive
- butter from Ronnybrook
- 1-1/2 Tbsp butter from Ronnybrook
- 2 small chopped spring onions from Stone Gardens Farm
- 1-1/2 chopped garlic scapes from Sport Hill Farm
- 2 cups chopped broccoli from Sport Hill Farm
- 1-1/2 cups Pleasant Son cheese from Sankow’s Beaver Brook
- 5 eggs from the Organic Diva in Bethlehem, CT
- 1-1/ cups (raw) milk from Stone Wall Dairy, Cornwall Bridge, CT
- coconut oil from far, far away
- spring onion from Stone Gardens Farm
- broccoli and Red Butterhead lettuce from Sport Hill Farm
- dollop of yogurt from Arethusa Farm Dairy
- croutons made from Bantam Bread Local Loaf
CSA Week 3 Wrap Up
Or, where did all of that food go?
The broccoli rabe (or rapini, if you prefer) was the first to go! Here it is, going down for the wilt with the garlic scapes, sauteed in olive oil.
Patti gave me a great idea for lettuce: chicken salad wraps. Here’s my chicken salad (chicken from Stone Gardens Farm) wrapped in Patti’s Red Butterhead lettuce.
And of course, there was the escarole and bean soup (along with the soup on a crostini).