Now is the time to ferret out the zucchini recipes since it’s just the beginning of what’s looking like a long and prosperous zucchini season. Here’s a recipe for zucchini fritters to the collection.
This recipe is based liberally on another one from a kindred spirit.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup corn meal
- 8 basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
Beat the eggs, then mix all of the remaining ingredients together with the eggs. Drop in quarter-cupfuls onto a medium hot greased griddle or skillet and cook until browned.
Top with sour cream or a yogurt dip. I “Greeked” some yogurt and dolloped it as-is. Nice. Different.
- eggs from the Organic Diva in Bethlehem, CT
- zucchini and scallions from Sport Hill Farm
- corn meal from Wild Hive Farm and Micro Mill
- basil from Riverbank Farm
- lard (for frying) from Butcher’s Best in Newtown, CT using Rowland Farm pork
- yogurt from Arethusa Farm Dairy
I’m also sharing this for the Weekend Blog Carnival at Hartke Is Online.