The 2017 edition of the annual posting of my Thanksgiving menu and food sources.
- Crudité platter with carrots from Riverbank Farm and Maple Bank Farm, cauliflower, broccoli, and Romanesco from Sport Hill Farm, bell peppers from Fort Hill Farm, celery not local.
- Tatziki dip made with cucumbers from Maple Bank Farm, garlic from Fort Hill Farm, yogurt from Arethusa Farm Dairy and mint from my garden.
- Baba Ghanoush made with eggplant and garlic from Fort Hill Farm. Tahini, lemon juice, pita chips not local
- Chilled roasted beets from Maple Bank Farm and roasted red peppers from Fort Hill Farm
Pickled salad turnips and roasted red peppers from Fort Hill Farm
Bread and Butter pickles, made from Riverbank Farm cucumbers and onions
Spicy Icebox Pickled Carrots following Sherry Brooks-Vinton‘s recipe, made with carrots, from Maple Bank Farm, garlic and hot peppers from Fort Hill Farm, honey from Woodbury Sugar Shed
- Cheese Boards with:
Womanchego and Dutch Farmstead from Cato Corner Farm.
Tapping Reeve, Europa, and Farmers Cheese from Arethusa Farm Dairy.
Feta from Lively Run Goat Dairy
pea shoots from Fort Hill Farm
- Three Sisters Stew Dip with Cranberry beans from Sport Hill Farm, pumpkin and corn from Maple Bank Farm
- Sweet Potato Chips from Simply Delicious
- Crackers & Breads: Not local
Chicken Soup (recipe) from chickens from Stuart Family Farm and Camps Road Farm. Carrots from Riverbank Farm. Celeriac, onions/leeks, parsnip, garlic, and parsley from Fort Hill Farm. Parsley from Wild Carrot Farm. Celery, brown rice, small bowtie pasta, and Parmigiano Reggiano: not local.
- Roasted Broad Breasted White turkey from Stone Garden Farm.
- Pan Gravy (recipe) from the natural juices of the bird, flour from Wild Hive Farm
- Cornbread Stuffing (recipe) with cornbread (recipe) made with flour from Farmer Ground and corn meal from Wild Hive Farm and Micro Mill, buttermilk from Trickling Springs Creamery (regional), honey from Woodbury Sugar Shed, eggs from Nature View Farm, Bridgewater, CT baking powder and salt not local.
Onions from Fort Hill Farm, butter from Arethusa Farm Dairy, house thyme, sage, and chicken stock.
- Whole-Berry Cranberry Sauce: Cranberries from Annie’s Crannies, Dennis, MA (thank you Dolores). Apple Cider from Lyman Orchards. Maple syrup from Woodbury Sugar Shed,
Cinnamon sticks not local
- Applesauce made from Cortland and Macintosh apples from Maple Bank Farm
- Smashed Potatoes (recipe) made from red potatoes (not sure what kind) from Fort Hill Farm, and butter and sour cream from Arethusa Farm Dairy
- Baked sweet potatoes from Fort Hill Farm
- Roasted Butternut and carnival squash (recipe) from Maple Bank Farm. Olive oil, fennel seed, cinnamon: not local
- Pan seared Brussels sprouts from Stone Garden Farm.
- Apple cider from Lyman Orchards
- Egg Nog from Arethusa Farm Dairy
- Soda: Foxon Park as well as non-local selections
- Wine: Cabernet Franc from Jones Winery and others
- Northern Spy hard cider from Citizen Cider
- Beer: selections from Two Roads Brewing, Drop-In Brewing Company, and Kent Falls Brewing Company
- Apple Crumb Pie (recipe) made from Northern Spy and Ida Red apples from Maple Bank Farm, flour from Wild Hive Farm and Micro Mill, butter from Ronnybrook. Lemon, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon: not local
- Pumpkin Pie (recipe) made from sugar pumpkin from Maple Bank Farm, eggs from Nature View Farm, flour from Wild Hive Farm and Micro Mill, butter from Arethusa Farm Dairy, and heavy cream from Trickling Springs Creamery, honey from Woodbury Sugar Shed, spices not local
- Fresh Whipped Cream made from heavy cream from Pittsford Farms Dairy, NY. Vanilla and sugar: not local. (I love this gizmo)
- Ice Cream, assorted flavors from Ferris Acres Creamery, Newtown, CT
- Fresh fruit: Macoun apples from Blue Hill Orchards and pears from Red Jacket Orchards
- Dried pears, apples and plums from Maple Bank Farm
- Mixed nuts and roasted chestnuts: Not local
- Coffee and espresso: Not local
Sorry for missing so many photos. The pies looked the same last year.
The printed menu has errors, which are corrected in this post.